*To apply for one of the positions listed below, please click on the job title of interest.
- Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
- Creation date: 2019-01-15
River and Mercantile (R&M) is a dynamic, growing actuarial and investment consulting firm. Our core business is strategic retirement plan consulting for all types of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans. Our clients are located in the US and the UK and include both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Our clients have come to trust and value our independent advice. R&M is owned by the UK based River and Mercantile Group. For more information, please visit our website at https://riverandmercantile.us/solutions/home/.
The US office of River and Mercantile Solutions (located in Waltham, MA) is currently seeking an Investment Analyst with primary responsibilities attributed to supporting our trading and operations efforts. Reporting directly to the Head of Trading, this position offers experience in portfolio management, trade execution/settlement, and middle/back office investment exposure. In addition, the analyst will support our consulting and investment advisory work. The analyst will be responsible for the reporting and portfolio management of institutional client portfolios. Over time, analysts will be given the opportunity to present at quarterly client meetings in front of pension boards and committees. With a flat organizational structure, the analyst will work closely with senior management as well as have the opportunity to actively participate in investment committee meetings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Internship experience in trading and operations is a plus but not required
- Desire to pursue trading and operations career track
- Familiarity with Advent APX, LineData Longview, Bloomberg, Morningstar systems and/or SQL Databases & Reporting is a plus
- A demonstrable interest in economics, finance and investments
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Detail orientation and the self-starting instincts
- Strong desire to learn and advance within the organization
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
Among the benefits we offer are:
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
*To apply for the Investment Analyst position please send your resume and cover letter in an email by clicking on the “Investment Analyst” title.